Thursday, October 9, 2008

My Thoughts on Friends

It's been a few months since I last posted here and someone mentioned the other day that I should start writing on the blog again... Well, I've started school and everything's going pretty well. I'd like to talk about friends today. I've made a few since school started and I just wanted to talk about them.

We've got new friends we've just met and old friends we've known for a long time. Now that I've moved back to Oregon, I'm catching up with some friends that were very awesome friends before. I enjoy catching up with them and we are having a great time talking and catching up.

I've also met some new friends at school. Now, my old friends don't go to my school, so I need to know someone that I can hang out with. So, I met this group of three, partly by mistake actually. I walked in at lunch on the first day and sat at any table I decided. Well, I sat down and three girls that you can all tell have very different personalities based on their looks come and sit down. They started off by saying "Hi, how are you?" and it went on from there. I share two classes with one of them, so she knew me from there. Within the next few days, just as any friends would, we found out what we had in common and each other's personalities. Week 6 of the school year and we're still hanging out and we talk as if we knew each other our whole lives.

So, anyway, the point is that you can be friends with people, almost anyone, even if it's by chance. You should keep your old friends and shoot to hang out with some new ones every now and then =)

Just something running through my head ;)

~BOB~

1 comment:

Casa del Sol said...

Hi Bob,
It's good to see you blogging again. You are very right about friends. I recently joined Facebook and have been having a good time reconnecting with friends from my past. However, one does need to have the ability to make friends in any situation. Life is easier to travel with companions. :)